xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' TheKorro.net: May 2014

Saturday, 17 May 2014

Paralysed Saudi Arabian man's tweet asking for someone to visit him in hospital becomes most retweeted message in Saudi Arabian Twitter history

For Ibrahim, life was bleak.

Bedbound and paralyzed as the result of a car accident over half a year ago, he had not had a visitor from his family in months and was in desperate need of life-changing surgery that the Saudi Arabian could not afford.

Alone and isolated, there was not too much joy in Ibrahim’s life.



That was until he posted a tweet aimed at encouraging one of the few followers he had to come and visit as he lay paralysed in his bed.

With his tweet he hoped that at least one sympathetic person might hear his call and provide some much craved company for him.

What he did not expect was the social media storm that it would create.

Within one day Ibrahim’s tweet became the most retweeted message in Saudi Arabia’s Twitter history.

The hashtag #VisitIbrahim circulated through social media circles and within just 24 hours it had been retweeted over 200,000 times.

Not only that, but Ibrahim got a lot more than he bargained for when hundreds of people from all over Saudi Arabia came to visit him.


The Ritadh hospital had to stop visitors after they began affecting the work of staff
Clutching flowers, pizza and other gifts there were cues of hundreds of people outside the King Khalid University Hospital in the country’s capital Riyadh, all with the aim of meeting Saudi’s latest social media star.

The hospital became so busy that its officials had to put a temporary ban on all of its visitors as the number of people in the building was affecting the work of its staff.
Some even resorted to feeding Ibrahim
Yet Ibrahim did not only benefit from the tweet in terms of footfall and flowers, so compelled were the Saudi Twitter community by Ibrahim’s story that they contributed financially towards the life-changing surgery Ibrahim dreamed of.

The surgery which would cost $130,000 and involve Ibrahim travelling to Germany was quickly covered by the generous donors from the oil rich middle-eastern country.

Pictures showing visitors posing, talking to and even feeding the paralyzed man were posted on Twitter.

It is now hoped a trip to Germany can be organised soon so that that Ibrahim can get the surgery he is so in need of.

Source

Monday, 12 May 2014

Jay Z Physically ATTACKED by Beyonce's Sister [VIDEO]



Jay Z was ferociously assaulted by Beyonce's sister Solange  ... who was wildly kicking and swinging at him inside an elevator ... and the attack was captured on surveillance video ... obtained by TMZ.

According to our sources, it all went down at a Met Gala after party last week at the Standard Hotel in NYC.  In the video ... Jay Z, Beyonce and Solange step into the elevator ... and then Solange goes crazy, screaming at Jay before unleashing a violent attack.

A large man -- who appears to be a bodyguard -- attempts to hold Solange back, but she manages to connect at least 3 times.  At one point Solange throws a kick and Jay grabs her foot, but never attempts to strike her.  Beyonce stands by without getting physically involved.

It's unclear what triggered the fight.

And this is interesting.  When you look closely, you see the bodyguard hit the emergency stop switch on the 12th floor -- mid fight -- presumably to keep the fight private.

All three walked out of the building together -- Solange looks pissed -- but while Bey and Solange get in one car ... security walks Jay to a different one.

Boko Haram Video Claims To Show Missing Girls (Sky News)

 via Sky News


A new video issued by Boko Haram claims to show some of the nearly 300 schoolgirls missing in Nigeria, who the group's leader says have converted to Islam.

AFP reported that Boko Haram's leader said the girls would not be released until Boko Haram prisoners are freed.

Police say a total of 276 girls were abducted on April 14 from the northeastern town of Chibok, in Borno state, which has a sizeable Christian community. Some 223 are still missing.
Screengrab of video released showing some of the kidnapped Nigerian schoolgirls











In the video, Abubakar Shekau speaks for 17 minutes before showing what he says are about 130 of the girls, wearing full-length hijabs and praying in an undisclosed rural location.

One of the purported girl then appears to talk directly to the camera.
Screengrab of video released showing some of the kidnapped Nigerian schoolgirls
















None of the girls appear to be visibly distressed, but it appears as if they are clearly under duress.

Sky's Special Correspondent Alex Crawford who has spoken to a father of one of the kidnapped girls says he does not want the government to release Boko Haram prisoners in exchange for his daughter.

Screengrab of video released showing some of the kidnapped Nigerian schoolgirls

 He told her: "Its not right. They'll do it again."

Meanwhile, Doctor Reuben Abati told Alex Crawford there are lines the government will not cross in the hunt for the girls.
Screengrab of video released showing some of the kidnapped Nigerian schoolgirls

Speaking after it was revealed authorities had made indirect contact with Boko Haram, Dr Abati said: "The government of Nigeria has no intention to pay a ransom or to buy the girls, because the sale of human beings is a crime against humanity.

"The determination of the government is to get the girls and to ensure that the impunity that has brought this about is checked and punished."

Boko Haram's leader Abubakar Shekau has threatened to sell the girls "at the market" and some are believed to have already been taken out of the country.



Dr Reuben Abati, special adviser to the Nigerian president.

The search for the girls remains centred on the huge Sambisa forest, which is three times the size of Wales.

Intelligence sources have told Sky News that Nigeria's neighbours - Chad, Cameroon and Niger - are providing help to find the teenagers.

Sky News sources have also learned the militants are likely to have laid booby traps and landmines to stop the girls being found.

Israel has become the latest country to offer to help the search effort. Experts from Britain, France and the US are already in the country.

France has called for African leaders to hold a summit focused on the issue.

WATCH VIDEO











Saturday, 10 May 2014

A Storm (US) is coming for Jonathan's Government




It seems the US have got an agenda to help Nigerians get rid of a government they believe is incompetent, if the recent remarks from some US officials is anything to go by. It seems as though efforts are being made to totally discredit the Government of President Jonathan

Unfortunately for the President Jonathan, he seems to have brought this on himself as they have repeatedly budgeted a large percentage of the Country's annual budget on security, however, the President admitted on National television that the country's security forces are under equipped.

$20 Million funding from US for anti terrorism unaccounted

$20 Million U.S. dollars, or N3.176 billion, was delivered in military funding assistance to the Nigerians dating back to 2012 according to State Department officials. The substantial amount in assistance, although small relative to amounts the U.S. has spent in other countries fighting terrorism, has been largely under-reported.

New York Times on President Jonathan

Mr. Jonathan, who leads a corrupt government that has little credibility, initially played down the group’s threat and claimed security forces were in control. It wasn’t until Sunday, more than two weeks after the kidnappings, that he called a meeting of government officials, including the leader of the girls’ school, to discuss the incident. There is no doubt the intelligence and investigation help President Obama offered on Monday is needed.

The kidnappings occurred just as President Jonathan is about to hold the World Economic Forum on Africa, with 6,000 troops deployed for security. That show of force may keep the delegates safe, but Nigeria’s deeply troubled government cannot protect its people, attract investment and lead the country to its full potential if it cannot contain a virulent insurgency.


Hillary Clinton on President Jonathan

A former US Secretary of State, Mrs. Hillary Clinton, has accused the President Goodluck Jonathan’s led government of squandering Nigeria’s oil resources and indirectly aiding corruption to worsen the nation’s many problems.

“They have squandered their oil wealth, they have allowed corruption to fester and now they are losing control of parts of their territory because they wouldn’t make hard choices,” she added.


Sen. John McCain  on the Abducted girls

"WE SHOULDN'T HAVE WAITED FOR A PRACTICALLY NON EXISTING GOVERNMENT TO GIVE US THE GO AHEAD BEFORE MOUNTING A HUMANITARIAN EFFORT TO RESCUE THOSE GIRLS" - Sen. John McCain